[X2go-dev] VcXsrv

Oleksandr Shneyder oleksandr.shneyder at obviously-nice.de
Thu Feb 17 18:00:38 CET 2011

Am 16.02.2011 17:33, schrieb --[ UxBoD ]--:

> Alex, I found another issue with re-sizing in multiwindow and the developer of VcxSrv has resolved it. I believe we are pretty much there now as I have tried every screen size combination I could think off. The developer sent me a single binary to test, and hope to have the latest full build up on SF by the end of the week.
>
> I also installed 3.01-14 on a clients home computer, that is ancient and very slow, using VcxSrv and the lady is jumping with joy! The combination of libssh and VcxSrv has resolved all her connection and performance issues.
>
> Very exciting news indeed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

Hello Phil,

I've made some tests with latest VcXsrv today. It's look much better as
last time. Multiwindow mode and resizing are working now. Embedding
x-application not working correctly yet, but not crashing any more. I've
build a new version of x2goclient, download it here:

installer:
http://www.x2go.org/~x2go/deb/windows/x2goclient-3.01-18-setup.exe

src:
http://www.x2go.org/~x2go/deb/windows/x2goclient_3.01-18.tar.gz

With this version you can run custom X-server (see options in settings
dialog). You can specify if you want to start X-Server on client or on
sessions start. If you choose to start X-Server on sessions start, you
can specify command line options for every session mode (windowed,
fullscreen or single application). It should make much easier to testing
vcxsrv with x2goclient.

regards,
--
Oleksandr Shneyder