[X2go-dev] VcXsrv

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Feb 4 17:46:43 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 11:09 -0500, Gerry Reno wrote:
> John,
>     Did you ever try using the Cygwin/X server?
>
>     Been quite a while since I've used it but I think there was a way to
> reconnect a lost mouse pointer from the menu.
<snip>
We did not for performance reasons.  I gather that Cygwin places the X
traffic on its own IP stack which then talks to the Windows network
stack and thus introduces considerable latency.  This is why Xming
performs better; it directly uses the native Windows network stack.

In fact, we are eagerly anticipating better performance in general using
libssh rather than ssh via Cygwin for the same reason - John