[X2go-dev] NoMachine's licensing

Erik Auerswald auerswald at fg-networking.de
Thu Feb 3 10:05:32 CET 2011

Hello Heinz,

On Wed, Feb 02, 2011 at 05:18:35PM +0100, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:
> Am 02.02.2011 16:54, schrieb Erik Auerswald:
> > Why? AFAIK there are no plans to change X2Go from GPL to some non-free
> > license.
>
> Just to mention a thought of us:
> Some time ago we've discussed what it would mean for the project to
> change from GPL to AGPL
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affero_General_Public_License).
> But this should be discussed in public.

Well, if you use AGPLv3 and have any relevant external sources available
under GPLv3 and all external contributors agree that would be OK. Regarding
such a change the biggest problem would be reaching all contributors to
your code (if there are any ;), I would not expect any objections.

Erik
--
Dipl.-Inform. Erik Auerswald                http://www.fg-networking.de/
auerswald at fg-networking.de Tel: +49-631-4149988-0 Fax: +49-631-4149988-9

Gesellschaft für Fundamental Generic Networking mbH
Geschäftsführung: Volker Bauer, Jörg Mayer
Gerichtsstand: Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern - HRB: 3630