[X2go-dev] [Pkg-x2go-devel] Getting things started with x2goclient

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 20:34:03 CET 2011

On 02/01/2011 02:22 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:
> On 02/01/2011 02:15 PM, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
>
>> <snip>

>> Although some do seem to use it responsibly just in
>> order to avoid the impossibility of tracking down all contributors for a
>> large code base.  If I recall correctly, both Apache and Samba take this
>> approach.

<snip>

And this is exactly the problem that using copyleft license, such as the
GPL, as the *only* license helps to avoid.  Even if you can no longer
reach contributors from long ago, the mere fact that it was the only
license means that the lineage of the codebase remains legally defensible.

Regards,
Gerry