[X2go-dev] [Pkg-x2go-devel] Getting things started with x2goclient

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Feb 1 18:28:34 CET 2011

On 02/01/2011 08:22 AM, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Reinhart,
>
> On Di 01 Feb 2011 10:59:10 CET Reinhard Tartler wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 10:38:06 (CET), Mike Gabriel wrote:
>>
>>> My basic idea would be to bundle source packages into one package if
>>> the versioning of the bundled packages will be the same.
>>>
>>> E.g.
>>>
>>>   nxcomp, nxcompext, nxcompshad -> nxlibs.git
>>
>> In general, it makes more sense to track upstream's structuring, and
>> AFAIUI (please correct me if I'm wrong), this is the structure is
>> provided from NoMachine. However, since 3.4 is reported to be the last
>> GPL'ed version of these libraries, from now on, the community needs to
>> do this upstream work independently from the actual upstream:
>>
>> http://www.nomachine.com/news-read.php?idnews=331

Unless NoMachine completely rewrote the NX libs from scratch they cannot
change the license nor can they fail to provide any updates made to that
code base.  Once the GPL license is on a code base ALL derivatives that
are distributed in any manner are covered under the GPL no matter who
makes them.

<snip>
> Greets,
> Mike