[X2go-Dev] Informations about sshfs and mounting local device

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Dec 22 12:10:35 CET 2011

Hi Jean,

On Do 22 Dez 2011 11:37:15 CET Jean Milot wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Yes, i use Freenx Server for now.
>
> And, i would like to know how it works for X2Go.
>
> What have you done and what problems have you had ?
>
> Thanks for your help.

The handshake for SSHFS mounting (server -> client) is:

   o client sets up a reverse SSH port forwarding tunnel so that you
     can login from server to client, even if the client is behind a firewall
   o client generates temporary SSH pub/priv key pair
   o a script on the server is then issued by the client
   o with this script the client places this temp SSH privkey and a known_hosts
     file that works for the client-side sshd on the server
   o from this script also sshfs mounting (server -> client) is issued
   o once the mount has been successfull, all temporary credentials are removed
     from the server again (as I said: temporary)

You might want to take a closer look at the ,,x2gomountdirs'' script
in X2Go server and the appropriate locations in x2goclient or
python-x2go. Tell me what language (C++ or Python) you prefer for code
diving and I will point you to the right places in the code.

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B