[X2go-Dev] Can not use FreeNX alongside latest X2Go packages

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Dec 18 20:20:28 CET 2011

Hi Stefan,

On Sa 17 Dez 2011 23:40:35 CET Stefan Baur wrote:

> I'll try restoring a pre-FUBAR backup some day soon, and check if
> things are less messy when I keep the freenx repository on intrepid,
> only upgrading the libs from heuler as Mike suggested - since the
> old libs seem to be what messed up the machine.
>
> G'nite everyone ;-)

I tried a parallel FreeNX/X2Go installation yesterday, as well. You
still have to use nxagent from the FreeNX Launchpad PPA, as it won't
run with the nx-libs.git version.

As we want to provide nx-libs.git for Debian packaging base of NX
libraries, I will have to check the difference between our sources and
the FreeNX's nxagent sources.

Thanks,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B