[X2go-Dev] re x2go plugin for Remmina

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 16:28:02 CET 2011

I had used Remmina extensively before I found out about x2go.   Its a very
nice application.

The Remmina developers are now implementing the new freerdp 1.0 release
into Remmina which
will let Windows 2008r2 server applications that are configured for
RemoteAPPs to be run individually
in an x-window on your linux desktop just like any other linux app, resize,
minimize/maximize, print local,
save local etc.

 Re: [Freerdp-devel] UDS: FreeRDP + Remmina Integration in Ubuntu 12.04
Discussion

Marc-André Moreau
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 13:03:26 -0800

Hi,

I said in my previous email that I would post the link when the "lightning
talks" video from UDS would be available. It's been uploaded this
week:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qnh7f36xkRA

FreeRDP is first to go, we demoed RemoteApp and RemoteFX.

Best regards,
- Marc-André

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 1:25 PM, Marc-André Moreau
<marcandre.mor... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm on my way back home from UDS.
>
> First, congratulations: we're making our way into Ubuntu 12.04 Precise
> Pangolin, which is excellent news since 12.04 is a LTS release. Since we
> will be included into the default installation, FreeRDP will be supported
> for at least the five years of support that come with such a long term
> support release.
>
> During my week there I held a session on FreeRDP and Remmina, which was
> great for getting in-person feedback from people using our software. I
> could definitely tell there is excitement around FreeRDP and Remmina. I've
> had a lot of excellent feedback from users regarding Remmina, they find it
> much better than any of the alternatives out there. We recently migrated
> the Remmina git repository to the FreeRDP organization, and I'm trying to
> help Vic build a larger community around it, since it's getting a lot of
> attention.
>
> Besides the session on FreeRDP + Remmina that I held on tuesday, I did a 5
> minute demo during the "lightning talks" session on Friday, where I demoed
> RemoteApp and RemoteFX. The video hasn't yet been uploaded, but I'll give
> the link once it's up. I did the demo with Stephane Verdy, we were a bit
> stressed out, but it was very well received.
>
> - Marc-Andre

x2go clients should implement the new freerdp.   It is going to be
replacing rdesktop in the 12.04 ubuntu release
from what I've heard.

Anyway... I had suggested to the Remmina devs a month ago that they ought
to look at supporting x2go
in their application since they already support rdp, nomachine nx, vnc etc.

Remmina has a very nice user interface.. it just doesn't have x2go .. yet?

Brian

*
*
* Message: 5*