[X2go-Dev] Some feature requests for x2go-client (Windows), while we're at it...

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Sun Dec 18 10:51:18 CET 2011

On Sa, Dez 17, 2011 at 23:12:36 (CET), Mike Gabriel wrote:

[...]

> How about supporting an X2Go plugin project write for remmina  client???
> Have you taken a look at remmina?

Remmina sounds (and looks!) pretty promising. On the first look, it
looks like it has a sane architecture. However, integrating x2go into
remmina properly requires to re-implement the complete x2go session
handshake logic in C with glib/gtk, which is not an easy task if you are
not familiar with glib/gtk.

Still, I think for our purposes it looks like remmina might be an
excellent architecture for using in a PXE-booted thin client.

Cheers,
Reinhard.

--
Gruesse/greetings,