[X2go-Dev] Some feature requests for x2go-client (Windows), while we're at it...

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Fri Dec 16 19:18:36 CET 2011

Hello Stefan,

Am 16.12.2011 16:19, schrieb Stefan Baur:
> Am 13.12.2011 08:44, schrieb Heinz-M. Graesing:
>> Hello Stefan,
>>
>> Alex an I have discussed your feature request. Due to the huge
>> amount of features implemented in the past, x2goclient has grown
>> big and this way we are planning a rewrite of the client. This
>> means that the accepted patch would only live until this new
>> release and the whole work is lost.
>
> :-( What's the expected release date for this new client? Are we
> talking about a few weeks, a month, six months, a year?

We really can't say at the moment, but this step is definitely needed.
It will not be part of the upcoming release (baikal).

>> The new client is planned to be capable to show remote sessions
>> embedded inside the client window.
>
> Exactly what do you mean by that? Will rootless,
> single-application sessions still be possible?

Yes - no feature will be lost. But it will be possible to embed the
x2go session into the x2goclient window. This will enable things like
a tabbed interface and a shared interface (session + client options
visible).

Best Regards,

Heinz