[X2go-Dev] Client-side printing not working (most likely due to the x2goserver-printing package being unavailable for installation)

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Fri Dec 16 15:28:18 CET 2011

Replying to myself here, as I didn't notice this until after posting:

> I was unable to follow the instructions from
> http://wiki.x2go.org/wiki:components:printing, as "apt-get install
> x2goserver-printing" complains:
>
>> Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
>> requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
>> distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
>> or been moved out of Incoming.
>> The following information may help to resolve the situation:
>>
>> The following packages have unmet dependencies:
>>  x2goserver-printing : Depends: x2goserver (<
>> 3.0.99.8-0~x2go1+squeeze~main~373~build1.1~) but
>> 3.0.99.8-0~x2go-bpo1+lenny~main~388~build1 is to be installed

Why the fnord is it trying to install
3.0.99.8-0~x2go-bpo1+lenny~main~388~build1 - a Lenny package - when my
sources.list says
> [...]
> #Backports
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
> contrib non-free
>
> # X2go Repository
> deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze main
> # X2go Repository (sources)
> deb-src http://packages.x2go.org/debian squeeze main

"bpo" would be an indication that the package is in the backports
repository, but even that one is set to squeeze, not lenny.
What's going on here?

Confused,
Stefan