[X2go-Dev] Some feature requests for x2go-client (Windows), while we're at it...

Daniel Lindgren bd.dali at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 09:30:02 CET 2011

2011/12/13 Heinz-M. Graesing <x2go-dev at x2go.org>:

> Alex an I have discussed your feature request. Due to the huge amount of
> features implemented in the past, x2goclient has grown big and this way
> we are planning a rewrite of the client.
> This means that the accepted patch would only live until this new
> release and the whole work is lost.
> The new client is planned to be capable to show remote sessions embedded
> inside the client window.

Interesting, do you have a roadmap for the updated client? New features planned?

> Please be aware that you can control x2goclient perfectly by command
> line options. So this means it is possible to cover own ideas by using
> the x2goclients hidden mode and key authentication.

One thing I miss (that NoMachine has) is the possibility to use files
to start sessions, the session sessings are saved to files that can
reside wherever you want them to be. Unless I've misunderstood how
x2goclient currently works, the settings are saved in the registry and
therefore not "portable" like a file is.

Cheers,
Daniel