[X2go-Dev] Printing-related question for Windows X2go client users

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Sat Dec 10 21:31:24 CET 2011

Am 10.12.2011 17:28, schrieb Stefan Baur:
> My general assumption behind this is that if you try to print a PDF
> from Adobe Reader for Linux on the host, it will be converted into
> Postscript first, then into whatever printer-specific language that
> may be required: usually PCL 3, PCL5, PCL 6 - or back into PDF.
>
> This conversion from PDF to PS and again into PDF with CUPS is, from
> my experience, *not* a 1:1 mapping/translation, so the resulting PDF
> should be a "basic" PDF type with all the trouble-causing fanciness
> removed (and usually resulting in a significantly larger spool file).

To further back up my own claim here:
"Following the reconversion from PDF to PostScript, the file
/tmp/colorcir.ps does not match the original file
/usr/share/doc/packages/ghostscript/examples/colorcir.ps. However, there
should be no visible difference in the printout.", quoted from
<http://www.novell.com/documentation/suse91/suselinux-adminguide/html/ch06s06.html#sec:d.ghostscript.postscript>