[X2go-Dev] Printing-related question for Windows X2go client users

Stefan Baur (newsgroups-Kontakt) newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Sat Dec 10 14:36:36 CET 2011

Hi list,

this question goes out to all the Windows users of the X2go-Client:

Has anybody ever tried to use "Sumatra PDF" as a PDF endpoint on the
Windows client, instead of Adobe Reader?

It seems rather interesting, as it is GNU licensed, offers commandline
options to print a file to the default printer (or show a print dialog)
and auto-terminate itself after printing has finished (look for
"Command-line arguments" in the online manual linked below).

Info in English:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatra_PDF
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/manual.html

Info in German:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sumatra_PDF
http://blog.kowalczyk.info/software/sumatrapdf/manual-de.html

I'd love to try it out myself, but I haven't managed to get
printing/showing a PDF on the Client to work at all so far, thus testing
Sumatra PDF doesn't really make sense on my client yet.

So here's to crowdsourcing - anybody ever tried it, anybody with a
working client printer setup willing to try?

Kind Regards,
Stefan