[X2go-Dev] wiki page

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Aug 21 22:45:18 CEST 2011

Hi Ivan,

The posting quoted below was a private posting from Ivan to me and I
am so free and send my reply to x2go-dev as the documentation of the
tarballers on LinuxFromScratch might be interesting to others:
http://wiki.x2go.org/installing_x2goserver_linuxfromscratch
http://wiki.x2go.org/installing_x2goclient_linuxfromscratch

@Ivan: I'll only comment on the wiki pages as I have no time to dive
into pyhoca installation now. Comes later.

On Do 18 Aug 2011 22:52:06 CEST Ivan Kabaivanov wrote:

> On Thursday 18 August 2011 00:00:59 Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just looked at your server install howto... nxproxy is not needed on
>> the server. It is needed on the client...
>>
>> Mike
>
> Mike,
>
> please check out the wiki. I think I'm pretty much done with x2goserver and
> x2goclient. Please give them a quick once-over to see if maybe I missed or
> messed something.

Thanks for doing this as it actually is a nice howto for the tarball
installation in general.

Comments:

GENERAL:
Maybe we should mention ,,make clean'' somewhere on the pages. Do you have
the feeling the make clean works properly with all the code projects?

nxproxy: looks ok.

x2goclient: qmake should not be needed here, it is in the Makefile.
Maybe we should differentiate between client and plugin here.

x2goclient+x2goplugin:

make && su - -c "make install"

x2goclient only:

make clean_client && make build_client && su - -c "make install_client"

x2goplugin only:

make clean_plugin && make build_plugin && su - -c "make install_plugin"

nxcomp, nxcompext, nxcompshad: look ok

x2goagent: I still do not like (and do not understand the linking of libs to
/usr/lib/x2go... I guess I'll have to cross-check that...)

x2goserver:
This could be part of the Makefiles??? Maybe with a PREFIX var? Could
you send a more elegant patch for the Makefile???

$ sed -i "s,/local,,g" x2goserver-compat/Makefile
$ sed -i "s,/local,,g" x2goserver-extensions/Makefile
$ sed -i "s,/local,,g" x2goserver/Makefile

o init script:
To be in sync with Debian... Please call this init script (in your howto)
,,x2goserver''. - THANKS

ALL-IN-ALL

Very good work and thanks for doing that!!!

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B