[X2go-Dev] x2goprint user creation on x2goserver installation

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Aug 15 09:12:04 CEST 2011

On 2011-08-14 21:35, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> I have just realized that we do not create the x2goprint account on
> x2goserver installation.
>
> This is probably the reason why people report problems around X2go
> printing.
>
> I will take a look at that in the next (not the coming) week.

Yes this is likely, but that account should not be created by the
server, but an extra package as printing as
printing is insecure: http://wiki.x2go.org/security?&#x2goprint
I am in favour of solution 1, but have no time to implement it. Socket
communication is already used locally by default, and cups supports
importing another server.

Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty