[X2go-Dev] 3.99 Testing - Huge browsing delays

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Aug 14 18:44:40 CEST 2011

Hi John, hi all,

On Mi 03 Aug 2011 16:18:48 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:

> 3.0.1-4 Windows client to 3.99.0.0 server with X2GoAgent 3.5: No delay
> whatsoever - and that's after pounding it for a long time.

This basically _very_ good new as it tells us that we have to look on
the client side (I hope).

> I know nothing about NX internals so I am just speculating here.  The
> problem only seems to be with heavy AJAX applications as far as I can
> tell.  Could it be related to how AJAX only paints part of the screen?
> Could it be that NX does not pick up the screen change because if is
> only a subportion of the application Window and done in a way different
> from, for example, OpenOffice updates the area being typed? Could it be
> that every certain number of seconds, NX checks the entire screen for
> updates and that this timer is different in the various configurations
> and maybe non existent with two mismatched Agents?

So we should list up the differences between x2goclient 3.0.1-4
(Windows and 3.99.0.x (also on Windows).

There are many... Who can do this?

> I have no idea but I would consider this a blocking bug.  I'll try to
> squeeze some xkbwatch in this week - John

Can you, John, or anyone else give a howto that explains how to
reproduce this problem on a fresh server install (Debian squeeze) and
a fresh client install (Windows, what version?, what arch? what
Xserver? Etc.). We have to try to address this issue in a very generic
way if we/you want it solved.

Expecting a debugging recipe to trace this bug... THANKS!

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B