[X2go-Dev] rename of x2godesktopsharing group

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Aug 2 16:04:31 CEST 2011

On 2011-08-02 15:41, Mike Gabriel wrote:
>> What is the rationale for the extra group? Is there a good reason for
>> disallowing someone to share his/her desktop?
>
> the desktopsharing is a tricky feature anyway as it grants many ways
> for a user who is allowed to share another's desktop to manipulate the
> user profile.

None the less - the user must grant access before someone else can
access his/her session - if I remember right. My main intention: Do we
need this group at all - or does it bring more trouble then help.
We must also check, whether this script introduces false security by
checking something that can easily be circumvented. I have not looked
into it, but I have the feeling that this might be the case.

Morty

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty