[X2go-dev] x2goserver depends on xauth?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Apr 26 22:23:32 CEST 2011

Hi there,

today I installed the x2goserver package (Debian build in main area on
code.x2go.org as in Git tag build-main) on a fresh server. After
installation I could not login to the X2go server.

I then simply installed the xinit package and then log-in worked.
However, I think that it rather might have been the xauth package that
was missing on the system - and got installed as a dependency of xinit.

I think we should add xauth to x2goserver as dependency (or
x2goagent?)!?! Or might that issue be also related to any other of the
xinit package's dependencies:

quote: """
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3), libx11-6, coreutils (>= 7.4-1), x11-common, xauth
Recommends: xserver-xorg | xserver, xterm | x-session-manager |
x-window-manager | x-terminal-emulator
"""

Greets,

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B