[X2go-dev] Build-Server

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Apr 26 22:09:56 CEST 2011

Hi Morty, Reinhard, Arw,

Morty mentioned recently (I think in a Jabber session) that there is a
build-server available at Uni Erlangen. Will it be possible to install
qemubuilder on that system and use it for building X2go packages? I
volunteer to do that, the qemubuilder can be used for other build jobs
as well...

I have looked at the different systems available for package building
and I liked qemubuilder best. However, qemubuilder does only build in
kvm-mode on native systems (that is: not on already virtualized
systems). In Intel-based kvm-VMs it can not access the VT technology
of the CPU (so-called VT nesting).

However, AMD Pacifica CPUs support KVM nesting (never tried it out,
though). @Morty: if you run VMs on an AMD CPU that would also be great
and functional for our needs.

Anyone else: if you can provide such a build server, please let me
know that, too. I currently use my notebook for building X2go packages
(it is a really fast one, but still, it is a notebook). The server
behind code.x2go.org also runs a similar qemubuilder setup, but it
only falls back to slow qemu software emulation as it already as a
virtual machine...

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks a lot Mike

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B