[X2go-dev] local apps on a thin client anyhow?

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Thu Apr 21 16:10:35 CEST 2011

Hello Meik,

Am 20.04.2011 21:04, schrieb Meik Hellmund:

> Hi,
> I am just playing around with the older
> x2go thinclient debian packages and I wonder if it is possible
> to add local apps (as in LTSP). I have not yet a clear understanding of
> the x2go infrastructure, so please be patient.

The Window containing your remote session is called x2goagent. The
Problem of localapps would be, that they would not displayed inside this
Window even if it is maximized, because it's got a complete different
$DISPLAY Number and the $DISPLAY is connected to the remote system - not
the local one.
As a result, it would not be possible to handle the window placing
correctly. A local app would be managed by the local window manager, all
x2go session application by x2goagent.
If you can live with those limitation, you can try to use NFS/SSHFS or
whatever as remote Filesystem for applications.

Regards,

Heinz