[X2go-dev] Nightly Ubuntu packages

Moritz Struebe Moritz.Struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Apr 20 12:43:54 CEST 2011

Hi there,

with a bit of help of Reinhard I have set up a ppa [1] containing
nightly builds for Ubuntu Lucid and Maverick.
Using this ppa allows simple installation and testing of nightly builds.
Please remember that these are nightlys, pulled directly from GIT [2],
and therefore not necessarily stable builds. There will be a ppa
containing releases and it is also might be that there will be another
ppa containing "tested" builds in the future (if there someone is
willing to maintain it).

Currently there are no builds for Karmic Hardy and Dapper, as this might
cause some extra work testing. (I personally don't see any trouble
adding them, if there is someone willing to test and maintain them.)
Also no Natty as nxcompext does not build (Feel free to look into it [3]).

Cheers
Morty

[1] https://launchpad.net/~x2go/+archive/ppa
[2] http://git.x2go.org/
[3] https://code.launchpad.net/~x2go/+recipe/nxcompext-daily

--
Dipl.-Ing. Moritz 'Morty' Struebe (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter)
Lehrstuhl für Informatik 4 (Verteilte Systeme und Betriebssysteme)

Tel   : +49 9131 85-25419
Fax   : +49 9131 85-28732
eMail : struebe at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
WWW   : http://www4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/~morty