[X2go-dev] Tagging in X2go Git

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 18 16:04:17 CEST 2011

Am Montag, den 18.04.2011, 15:44 +0200 schrieb Moritz Struebe:
> On 2011-04-18 15:40, Paul Menzel wrote:
> >> I have just discussed with Morty a good strategy to always have a

> > so the nightly-builds should be build from the commit tagged with
> > »latest«?
>
> Nope, I had to read the mail trice, before I noticed, that Mike was
> talking about the same thing. Basically we talking were talking about an
> easy way to check out the "latest" _release_. Mike was assuming that
> only releases get tagged.

Thank you Morty.

Well I see two options.

1. If incremental releases are planned (x.1; x.2; …) – for example for
small corrections (`cherry-pick`ed from `master`) or security fixes –
then a separate branch is needed.
2. If everything is in one branch and the versioning/tagging is defined,
then maybe a script could check the lastest release without any tag by
sorting all the tags and picking the biggest value.

I am sorry for not reading up on what has been decided on the release
policy.

Thanks,

Paul