[X2go-dev] Multiserver CUPS patches

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 15 10:25:37 CEST 2011

Dear Mike,

Am Freitag, den 15.04.2011, 00:46 +0200 schrieb Mike Gabriel:

> On Fr 02 Jul 2010 14:06:09 CEST "John A. Sullivan III" wrote:
>
> > Here are the patches to enable a single cups-x2go CUPS server to service
> > multiple X2Go Servers.  The documentation was posted previously.  Thanks
> > - John
>
> this is a reply to a really old thread... I have added a branch to the
> cups-x2go.git project that includes your multi-CUPS-server patches:
>
> http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=cups-x2go.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/pending/multicupsservers
>
> Could you please cross-check???

Thank you for setting up a branch and not committing it right to master.
I know it is a little bit more work, but could you in addition to
`GIT_AUTHOR_{NAME,EMAIL}` also set `GIT_AUTHOR_DATE` to the date of the
patch submission/email.

    GIT_AUTHOR_DATE = "Fri Jul 2 08:06:09 2010 -0400"

This way it is easier to search for the mailing list thread and of
course it resembles more to the “truth”. I think, since it is on a
branch, you can safely rebase the commits on this branch without causing
to much trouble for people having cloned this already.

One more thing. Is there a problem with the date or time, since GitWeb
is highlihting it as red [1].

Thanks,

Paul