[X2go-dev] New release with vcxsrv? was: Re: VcXsrv clipboard issue

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Fri Apr 8 15:07:19 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 09:09 +0200, Mike Gabriel wrote:
<snip>
> Please note that this issue has been fixed since the latest VcXsrv
> release (1.10.10.1).
>
> Thanks Phil, thanks VcXsrv-developer!!!
<snip>
Yes, Phil has been dogged about tracking down the issues and the vcxsrv
dev has been fabulous about responding.  At this point, according to our
testing, vcxsrv is 100% ready to go.  I also think we need to roll lit
out ASAP as the bugs using Xming are truly critical.

So this email is to ask how.  It seems 3.01-18 is not quite ready yet.
Ill ask Phil to summarize the issues as I don't recall them completely.
If 3.01-18 is not going to be stable very soon, may I ask the devs to
roll a new release of whatever we do consider stable (3.01-14?) as
client/plugin so that we solve these critical issues.

We could probably roll an NSIS Windows installer if we had to but I
would prefer not as it is not an area of expertise and we could easily
make some subtle mistake.  We do not feel at all competent to create a
new plugin release.  Thanks - John