[X2go-dev] libjpeg-turbo

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 03:38:58 CEST 2011

Mike

I've been using libjpeg-turbo for months now on both ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10
(x2go clients & servers).

I put it on both client machine & on server assuming it would benefit jpeg
cpu utilization and although I don't have the info handy now I thought I'd
sent out a couple screen shots
of cpu utilization with and with-out libjpeg-turbo installed.

Sorry I can't remember the number off-hand but there was a pretty
significant difference

On the client machine that may or may not mean much but on a server hosting
a lot of desktop users I figure its a good cheap performance (or capacity)
bump depending on how you looked at it.

I "think" the new debian and the upcoming ubuntu may it in their
repositories now.   I'm assuming other distro's too?

http://libjpeg-turbo.virtualgl.org/

Brian