[X2go-dev] Git Repo

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 24 23:19:31 CEST 2010

Dear Matthew,

Am Freitag, den 24.09.2010, 12:49 +0100 schrieb Matthew Macdonald-Wallace:

> I realise I'm very new to the community, however I'd be happy to check
> in the latest sources to my github repos and share from there?
>
> Let me know if you are happy for me to do this.

thank you for your offer. I would be happy if you could do this. I have
never worked with GitHub, so I do not know how it is working in detail.

Could you please write down your ideas, on what branches you want to
create and how you want to import the “latest sources”. Will you just
take the latest tarballs or also the one beforehand?

If someone wants to contribute a patch, how would she/he do this? Send
the patch to the list and when it is acknowledged by anyone, you will
push it? Or is there an “incoming” branch where all patches can be
pushed to and some people are cherry-picking those to a development
branch? Sorry for all these questions.

I would suggest to wait until Monday evening, so people can read up on
this list when they get back to work and have time to respond. But if it
is not too much work for you and changes are possible, you could also
set it up right away and people could comment on that.

Thanks,

Paul