[X2go-dev] Hello dead project...

Jörg Sawatzki joerg.sawatzki at web.de
Fri Sep 24 18:17:35 CEST 2010

> It's ok. It is a good idea and have nothing to do with our GIT. Our GIT
> will only represent source that we publishing on our site. But GIT that
> you mean will although include work of other people. It is possible to
> install this GIT right now. Actually it was always possible to install
> it and it can do anyone who have community respect.
This is NOT true as I already explained a couple of times. GIT is a way
to actively collaborate (this needs a branch with a commit history) and
not a different way to serve the content of your tar.gz source files on
your webserver!
If it was true what you are saying, nobody would care about GIT because
everybody could download the tar.gz and have the same result!

If it would be as easy as you claim, then I'd already have the git thing
running for two months.

Please read about the benefits and how VCS work on the web before you
give a wrong statement about things you probably have never really seen
in action.

JÖrg