[X2go-dev] Hardware SSH acceleration

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Sep 23 16:34:40 CEST 2010

Hi Dimitris,

On Do 23 Sep 2010 15:58:26 CEST Dimitris Anogiatis wrote:

> Regarding the local video playback is it possible to embed it in the client
> window? or would you
> recommend opening a different mplayer window for example?

One dream I have for thin clients is the possility to launch
applications locally on the thin client and use data resources from
the terminal server (home directories, config files etc.). But,
unfortunately, up to now, this is all dreaming...

So the answer might be: Launch X2go as one application window, launch
a Videoplayer like VLC oder MPlayer as a second independent
application window... To me, there is no need to embed a player
application into the X2go client, but maybe I misunderstand your
question...

Best,

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de