[X2go-dev] Hello dead project...

Jörg Sawatzki joerg.sawatzki at web.de
Thu Sep 23 15:37:01 CEST 2010

Hey Eli,

they will have to change the name/domain anyway!
The brand/name "x2go" is registered with DPMA (the German patent and
trademark registry institution) and is owned by "sino
Aktiengesellschaft" in Düsseldorf. Well, and they would have to prove
that they have been using the "x2go" term before those guys - and they'd
have to do that before the opposition period has expired.
As their responsiveness is very slow, they'll either miss the deadline
or they don't want to bother a lawyer again to get the forms correctly
filled out. :)

The failure of this project is that these guys do not think about the
consequences before they act and that they ignore efforts of people
willing to contribute unless they force them to justice court.

GIT was the "next thing to do" that was promised by mighty Heinz on July
15th - and I bet it won't be available before I have forked the server
side as well!

Instead of pushing the project into an open development to join the
forces (that's the only way to have success if you aren't a big
profitable company), they focus on QtBrowserPlugin?

I heard NONE of the community members ever saying they don't like the
plugin as it is and it would be important to switch to QtBrowserPlugin.
Nice that you do it, but why don't u first do the important things that
are really needed?

JÖrg