[X2go-dev] Hardware SSH acceleration

Jörg Sawatzki joerg.sawatzki at web.de
Thu Sep 23 06:23:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

no, definitely not. These hardware accelerators usually just take over
the CPU consuming public key encryption at the beginning of a connection
when keys are exchanged. You can use that hardware if you have issues
with CPU load. But it doesn't speed up the data being sent after the
connection is established. The bottleneck is the bandwidth of your
internet connection and that cannot be upgraded through purchasing such
a "magical device". :o)
Video is probably even choppy if you connect through LAN - better forget
about it and play it locally :)

Jörg