[X2go-dev] GPL violations

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Thu Sep 23 00:01:10 CEST 2010

We're not treating you like an idiot for correctly pointing out the
things that should be done; we are grateful for that.  We're treating
you like an idiot for the way you are going about it.

Yes, they should follow the requirements of the GPL.  Yes, they did not
have to accede to the many requests to have access to the plugin before
they were really ready to give either the binaries or the source to
everyone.  Yes, they did not have to share any of this project but could
have kept it as a simple in-house project.  Given all of of those yeses,
I do eagerly await the release of the source and will wait until it is
released realizing that the delay hurts me but not more than not having
the project at all.  In fact, I eagerly await the time when our business
turns cash positive so we can financially support the project.  If they
were a corporation making a profit off the backs of open source
developers and hoarding the source code for nefarious reasons, I'd be
far less patient.  If you are tired of waiting, go away.  Peace - John