[X2go-dev] headless client with pyx2go

Dick Kniep dick.kniep at lindix.nl
Tue Sep 21 15:18:12 CEST 2010

Hi list,

We want to develop a headless client in python using pyx2go.

The application should have the following features:

1. All parameters except for the password should come from a profile stored in the users home directory
2. The user should have the possibility to enter the password, the username and the server, where the username and the server should be retrieved from the profile
3. The client should support clientside printing as the x2go client
4. The home directory (or another directory) on the clientside should be mounted with fuse on the serverside
5. The client should start XMing with all appropriate parameters
6. It should be possible to start an application from the server side by starting a file. So if a file called test.doc exists and that file is started, MS-Word should start.
7. The profile should be maintained by a separate program (nice gui application)

We've got the demo.py running. However when it ends, the session is terminated correctly, but a thread remains active. Probably the thread should be joined with the mainprogram.

Could anyone help us with documentation on the use of fuse and the way commands are passed from client to server vice-versa?

Dick Kniep
Lindix BV
tel. 036-5215580
mob. 06-50991858