[X2go-dev] Prevent session suspending and resuming

Kevin Moellering kevinmoellering at lavabit.com
Wed Sep 8 13:57:55 CEST 2010

> Am 09.08.2010 17:12, schrieb contact at gmli.fr:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to do two things :
> >
> > - prevent users from suspending their session
> > - prevent users from resuming their session
>
> You should take care about the *bindings packages - if you are using
> kde, you should not execute the command "updatelockbutton".
> The postgresdb/sqlitedb is used for sessionresuming. If you make sure,
> that "x2golistsessions" won't return any running sessions, no session
> will be returned.

Hello everybody,

after reading the archives of the mailing list I'm still not completely
sure if there actually exists a functionality that cleans up sessions of
users that are inactive for X hours.

Now I decided to completely prevent users from suspending their
sessions. I read the entry from Heinz-M. Graesing which he made on
Sunday, the 9th of August 2010, but as far as i can see this does not
prevent users from suspending their session when hitting the X on the
upper right of the x2go window.
Wouldn't it also be a feasible workaround to overwrite
/usr/bin/x2gosuspend-session with /usr/bin/x2goterminate-session?

I've tried this and the sessions seem terminated. At least I get a blank
desktop if I login again after closing the window with the x-Button and
the processes are killed (cannot be found using the ps command).

Is that solution possible, or am I missing something?

Referring to the case of resuming a session, I think it is clear that if
there is no possibility to suspend sessions, it should be impossible to
resume a session, too.

Furthermore, if there is the possibility of an inactivity detection and
thereby triggered session termination, I would also appreciate any
information about that.

Greetings,
Kevin