[X2go-dev] Disappearing Mouse on Windows 7

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Sun Oct 31 11:04:37 CET 2010

------------------------------

Message: 8
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 07:41:22 +0000 (GMT)
From: "--[ UxBoD ]--" < uxbod at splatnix.net >
To: x2go-dev at lists.berlios.de
Subject: Re: [X2go-dev] x2go python scripts

----- Original Message -----
> On 10/30/2010 08:16 AM, Dick Kniep wrote:
> > Hi Gerry,
> >
> > I donated 10 pounds and tested the current payed XMing code. However
> > that code crashes almost as frequently as the GPL code. If you start
> > a session with XMing and move your mouse a bit around, the X-server
> > crashes (on Windows 7). I haven't tested on Windows XP or Vista.
> >
> > As I have written before, the python client will have a configurable
> > X-server, so vcxsrv would certainly be tested!
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dick Kniep
> >

> That Xming crash could be specific to Windows 7. Check XP when you
> have
> a chance and see if it happens there.
>
> Like the configurable X-server idea. Flexibility is a good thing.
>

> Regards,
> Gerry

I have been running the latest XMing code on XP for a while now and have had no issues. A colleague has upgraded his Windows 7 install, both fat-client and FF plugin, to use the new XMing as-well. We have been having real issues with the mouse disappearing every so often; in-fact for one of our clients it was happening multiple times per day. With the latest XMing release we have not seen the problem occur. However we are exploring all avenues and would love to be able to try x2go with vcxsrv.

Interesting ... Though one thing we did notice was that if one were to suspend and completely close the x2go client and then reconnect the mouse cursor would come back.
--
Thanks, Phil