[X2go-dev] x2go python scripts

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 19:49:52 CEST 2010

On 10/26/2010 01:24 PM, Heinz-M. Graesing wrote:
> Hello Gerry,
>
> Am 26.10.2010 03:59, schrieb Gerry Reno:
>>>>
>> John,
>> The only real X-server choices on win32 are cygwin/X and Xming. I don't
>> think wxPython changes that.
>
> As we are looking for a solution on this problem too, I really would
> be interested in your ideas. As Xming is not free available on XOrg 7*
> base, this is a big issue for future development.
>
> Maybe someone knows about a third X-Server for Windows?
>
> best regards,
>
> Heinz

The only idea that comes to mind is to grab the Xming sources that have
been released under GPL and build our own X-server.  Other than that you
just have to wait a while until Xming finally moves this latest code
down into the GPL state.  Probably around a year or so.  I don't see any
other options.  And for those who don't mind paying for an Xming license
they can always use the latest code immediately until it finally hits GPL.

Regards,
Gerry