[X2go-dev] The vanishing mouse - xming source code

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at obviously-nice.de
Fri Oct 8 23:00:25 CEST 2010

Hello Brian,
hello List,

since version 3.0-14 which was released on october 14th 2009, we don't
use xming "as product" any more. The reason was, that we were not happy
with it (as it was not "free enough").
So we found the following HowTo on freedesktop.org which describes how
you can build Xorg for windows on your own:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Xming/Building

The source can also be found inside the upcomming berlios git and in our
"preparation git":

http://git.x2go.org/?a=tree&p=x2go&h=7ec005a61b74754785840be6626451617b6b6ec5&hb=38b730a075cc77f747acf6fe585e0aeb728dda55&f=windows

The only change we made is to get it running with our plugin.
We can't reproduce the described bug on our systems - so we can't fix it
at the moment, but we are willing to do so.

best regards,

Alex & Heinz