[X2go-dev] Python X2go - rev SSH tunnel + pulse audio support added

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Oct 6 09:43:03 CEST 2010

Dear list,

as I am really interested in feedback...

I have added SSH reverse tunneling support to the X2go client
implementation library named Python X2go and that made it possible/and
very easy to provide pulse audio support with Python X2go already.

The Python X2go module can be tested with the PyHoca Client.

Also the project homepage is now in English.
http://das-netzwerkteam.de/site/?q=node/71

The Python X2go API implementation can be found here (feedback, typos
etc. are welcome, also patches or collaboration):
http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/doc/python-x2go/

I am currently building .deb-Packages for Ubuntu lucid only, but maybe
some of you have a Ubuntu lucid system around. You can install the
packages from

deb http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/ubuntu lucid main

with:
$ apt-get install python-x2go
$ apt-get install pyhoca-cli

You can start the pyhoca-cli with:
$ pyhoca-cli --server <hostname> --command GNOME

or a bit more verbose:
$ pyhoca-cli --server <hostname> --command GNOME --debug --libdebug

The X2go server <hostname> must be in your known_hosts file, also the
~/.ssh/config file is considered before building up the connection.

With regards,

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de