[X2go-dev] Python X2go rewrite from scratch, first drafts available online

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Oct 1 22:51:02 CEST 2010

Hi there,

I would like to make you aware of the API documentation of the
completely from scratch rewritten Python X2go library, now published
under GPLv3.
http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/doc/python-x2go/

There is a German project page on our website (we are thinking of
translating the site into English, sorry for now for those who cannot
read German):
http://das-netzwerkteam.de/site/?q=node/71

The current Python X2go development can be followed at:
https://svn.das-netzwerkteam.de/websvn/listing.php?repname=nwt-projects&path=%2Fpython%2Fpython-x2go%2F#_python_python-x2go_

There are packages for Ubuntu Lucid available in our APT repository:

deb http://packages.das-netzwerkteam.de/ubuntu lucid main

Available packages are:

   python-x2go
     (incl. non-lucid dependencies like python-greenlet, python-gevent)
   pyhoca-cli

python-x2go package notes:
--------------------------
With Python X2go you will also need the x2goclient package from the
X2go repository installed (because of nxproxy binary). Python X2go
requires Python v2.6 or greater.

NOTE: at this very moment I realize, that the example files in the
package have not been adapted to the current API... this will come in
a couple of days, so stay tuned...

pyhoca-cli package notes:
-------------------------
PyHoca-cli will become an X2go Client implemented in Python. Currently
there is only graphics support available (no sound, no printing, no
sshfs, no...). But it works on my Ubuntu lucid systems and maybe also
on yours. After installation try pyhoca-cli --help or ,,man
pyhoca-cli'' for further information.

As you might guess... Python X2go is far away from being anything like
unstable, testing or stable. It is purely experimental and actually
freshly born. If you have ideas, feedbacks, bugs, patches, please let
me know...

AND: Do not even think about using Python X2go in productive scenarios
during the next year or so. Developing stable software takes time!!!
I'll be happy if any of you wishes to contribute.

light+love,

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de