[X2go-dev] Python X2Go client GTK?

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Nov 23 15:10:55 CET 2010

Hi Jo-Erlend,

On Di 23 Nov 2010 14:10:33 CET Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:

> I was wondering about that Python X2Go client, if there is a control
> that can be used to embed the client window (desktop) into a GTK
> application? If it could be done using PyGTK, then that would be pure
> heaven. :)
>
> Jo-Erlend

The GUI will be a wxPython GUI as we want it on Windows as well. Is
that also heaven for you? Otherwise it should be very easy to clone
the widgets code to a PyGTK variant... But before that may happen, a
working wxPython GUI is our main

The client app will be a little systray icon that does all the job the
current X2go client does... (once it is a some kind of finished
state). The code for the systray icon will be eggified so you will be
able to import it in other applications. That is the basic idea...

About timing: We expect a first usable release candidate for the midst
of December 2010 (because that's a project deadline that I want to
keep).

For further code reviewing you can take a look here:

https://svn.das-netzwerkteam.de/websvn/listing.php?repname=x2go

Greets,

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de