[X2go-dev] Installing x2goserver-one in Debian added 300 users to fuse and x2gousers groups

Mike Gabriel m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sat Nov 20 11:03:17 CET 2010

Hi Nikos,

On Sa 20 Nov 2010 01:04:25 CET Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> I followed the instructions in the Wiki and installed x2goserver-one
> on my Debian Lenny server.  However, during the installation, it
> told me:
>
> Attention: If you want to allow users to log into the x2go system,
> you'll need to add them to the "x2gousers" group
>
> but then it went on all on its own and added all users (about 300)
> of the system to the "x2gousers" as well as "fuse" groups!  How do I
> undo that?  Right now, I need to click around for hours in the Users
> and Groups admin tool :-$

The x2goserver-one package is intended for little Ubuntu systems...
(standalone, sqlite, make your desktop reachable from home). So the
auto-adding for groupmember is intended here, I suppose (make it easy
for the user).

For bigger installations/contexts use the x2goserver package (no
-home, no -one at the end of the package name) with PostgreSQL DB
backend, the x2goserver package does not impose auto-groupmemberships
on you.

Greets,

mail: m.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de, http://das-netzwerkteam.de