[X2go-dev] sound on x2gothinclient

Markus Homburg zielscheibe at gmx.li
Fri Nov 19 11:12:23 CET 2010

> You can use 3 different Audio Frameworks with x2go - esd, arts and
> pulse. As lenny still uses Kde 3.5, arts is preconfigured for
> redirecting sound. If you wan't to use pulse, you'll need to install it
> inside the thin client environment.
> As Kde 3.5 has no audio "module" for pulseaudio this is not explained in
> the old manual. I'll add this to the wiki soon.
>
> best regards,
>
> Heinz

Hello Heinz,

I have some problems to redirect the sound with arts under Debian Lenny.
So what I did was to install die x2goserver-one and the thinclient
(PXE,NFS,etc...) and it works so far. That means I can connect
to the server and change the windowmanager and the resolution and so on.
But there is no sound on the client! When I play a song it will be
played on the server not on the client. Which are the correct settings
for arts on KDE:
Enable networked sound?
Select the audio device: Autodetect?
Is there a special file to edit?