[X2go-dev] Disappearing text - problem and possible solution(?)

Robin Green greenrd at greenrd.org
Wed Nov 17 18:26:25 CET 2010

At Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:56:01 -0500,
John A. Sullivan III wrote:
> Hi, Robin.  I don't have an exact answer for you but perhaps can spur
> some ideas.  To get the text back, do you simply need to reconnect or do
> you need to restart the x2go client?

No, I just need to reconnect. The compression method was indeed a red herring - it is
now happening again. I'd like to try another idea that was posted on the FreeNX list,
and is said to have worked (the problem description on the FreeNX list seems to be
describing exactly the same problem as I'm having):

"I just added the option ' -norender ' to the variable
AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X  in the file /usr/NX/etc/node.conf"

Unfortunately, this file does not exist on my server. I guess it's a FreeNX-only thing?
Or is it just not needed by default with X2Go?
--
Robin