[X2go-dev] Compiling x2go Windows client

Oleksandr Shneyder oleksandr.shneyder at obviously-nice.de
Fri Nov 12 14:49:31 CET 2010

--[ UxBoD ]-- schrieb:

Hello Phil,

> Hello Alex, really appreciate your response :) I have taken the Windows X2GO 3.01-11 and installed that on Windows XP 32 bit.  I backed up x2goclient.exe and the proceeded to compile the same version of x2goclient using MinGW and Qt 4.7.1 (this could be where the problem is arising!) using the steps; qmake followed by mingw32-make release and that created the binary.  I copied that to c:\program files\x2goclient and ran it. It started fine and I connected to my existing session, once I entered my username and password it then crashed. This happens the same with both build under Linux and Windows. Using QtCreator I did manage to get some kind of debug information which said:
>
> Creating desktop:  x2go_Administrator
>
> ASSERT failure in QWidget: "Widgets must be created in the GUI thread.", file kernel\qwidget.cpp, line 1231
> QObject::killTimers: timers cannot be stopped from another thread
> C:\x2goclient-3.01\debug\x2goclient.exe exited with code 3

I think, a newest version of qt that I tried was a 4.6.x.

> I will try downloading the same release of Qt that you are using.
Just to be clear I am assuming that you export your Windows Qt install
to your Linux box and then compile using those libraries ?

Yes, I have compiled Qt libs on windows and then exported libraries as
SMB share. But building in windows environment is no problem although. I
make cross platform build only because it is simple and comfortable.

regards
--
Oleksandr Shneyder
Dipl. Informatik