[X2go-dev] Compiling x2go Windows client

Oleksandr Shneyder oleksandr.shneyder at obviously-nice.de
Fri Nov 12 13:30:12 CET 2010

--[ UxBoD ]-- schrieb:
>> Yippee have built a cross compiled version of x2goclient by copying
>> libQtSvg4.a to libQtSvg.a on the Windows VM plus doing the same for
>> QtGui, QtNetwork and QtCore. Not sure why Windows and Linux are
>> different with their filenames.
>>
>> I copied the resulting binary across to the Windows VM and fired it
>> up. That worked fine though once I entered my username and password
>> the client crashed and was intercepted by Qt debugger.
>>
>> This is so so frustrating as every step forward that is taken is
>> countered by two back steps. Hopefully one of the developers will be
>> able to help as we are really running out of time to get a functional
>> X2Go client working. Mouse issues etc with Xming is causing us major
>> issues and we need to test with VCXSRV ASAP.
>
> Have tried with 3.01-13 and the unstable branch each one crashes as soon as the username and password is entered :(

Hallo Phil,
since version 3.01-4 there is no project file for windows. Linux,mac and
windows parts are merged in one "x2goclient.pro" file. We using Qt 4.5.3
configured to make static release binaries on lenny to perform
cross-platform builds of x2goclient. But with newer versions of qt on
windows x2goclient although is working without a problem, no matter what
you use to build x2goclient mingw or msvc. I think you have a problem,
that some binaries are missing in your installation. Please try to
install original x2goclient and try if it work. After that, replace
x2goclient with your binary. Please be sure that your binary works in
this installation before you make any changes in x2goclient code.

Happy hacking,
alex
--
Oleksandr Shneyder