[X2go-dev] Compiling x2go Windows client

--[ UxBoD ]-- uxbod at splatnix.net
Wed Nov 10 15:07:47 CET 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 10:02 +0000, --[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
> <snip>
> > I am now compiling the x2goclient as a release version but look at
> > the difference in size to the one that is distributed:
> >
> > C:\Program Files\x2goclient>dir x2goclient.exe
> > 26/11/2009 10:11 4,915,200 x2goclient.exe
> >
> > C:\Program Files\x2goclient>dir
> > c:\x2goclient-3.01\release\x2goclient.exe
> > 10/11/2010 09:32 1,699,840 x2goclient.exe
> >
> > The one I have compiled is half the size! Where is the
> > x2goclient.pro.windows file that is mentioned in README.WINDOWS as I
> > cannot find it ??
>
> I do not know the answer but I do remember there was a lengthy
> discussion on the list about this that can probably be dug out of the
> archives - John

I believe it is a red herring. From a prior conversation it would appear the preferred development environment is Linux; even for the Windows package. A prior post has asked for help on what needs to be done to create that environment.  Interestingly I have downloaded every release from version 3.01-4 and none of them work when I compile under Windows.  I am wondering now what version of QT the devs are compiling against as I am using the latest SDK from Trolltech.
--
Thanks, Phil