[X2go-dev] update on the status of the new release

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Mon May 31 18:52:09 CEST 2010

Hello Paul,

Am 31.05.2010 10:32, schrieb Paul van der Vlis:
> Heinz-M. Graesing schreef:
> I don't understand that completely. I expect as an administrator I can
> login to the session from somebody else and change anything I want on
> the desktop of the user. And we see both the same. Right?

You'll see the Desktop Session of the user, but - at the moment - you
won't be able too manipulate it. Mabye we'll make this feature
"configurable" (or accessible by a special group/user), but there are
some security issues which need to be considered (manipulation of the
.Xauthority file by the visiting user,...).

>> There where also some requests regarding the needed KDE4 bindings. As
>> KDE has changed a lot, we are discussing to build those as a "plasmoid".
>> We'll make the new release accessible for testing purpuse soon - but the
>> plasmoid will take us some time.
>
> Many people don't use KDE. I hope it will work fine without KDE?
>
> Maybe you could release first without KDE4 plasmoid, and add this
> feature later.

Yes - the plasmoid will not slow down the release/testing time!

best regards,

Heinz