[X2go-dev] Problems on Debian Squeeze

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon May 31 17:19:27 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-05-31 at 13:27 +0200, rupi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've got several test instances of x2go on debian squeeze (server as well
> as clients) and apart from weird 'security issue' mails no problem at all.
> If you post some configuration details i can look for differences.
<snip>
That would be most helpful.  I've not done anything special on the
Server - just defaults other than using a non-standard port for SSH as
we always do.  I also simply used the previously working client config
pasted in below:

[20100208040859618]
speed=4
pack=16m-png-jpeg
quality=9
fstunnel=true
export="/home/jsullivan/:0;"
fullscreen=false
width=800
height=600
dpi=96
setdpi=true
usekbd=true
layout=us
type=pc105/us
sound=true
soundsystem=pulse
startsoundsystem=true
soundtunnel=true
defsndport=true
sndport=4713
print=true
name=JAS-Home
icon=:icons/128x128/x2gosession.png
host=192.168.x.x
user=<myid>
key=
sshport=<non-standard>
rootless=false
applications=/usr/bin/xterm, WWWBROWSER, MAILCLIENT, OFFICE, TERMINAL
command=KDE
rdpoptions=
rdpserver=

The general client settings are:
[General]
showStatus=true
clientport=<non-standard>

[LDAP]
useldap=false
port=389
server=localhost
port1=0
port2=0

Does anyone see anything strange?
This was an upgrade after a hard drive failure so it was a fresh
installation of Squeeze but with the home directories copied back in and
using the KDE migration wizard.  Thanks - John