[X2go-dev] Problems on Debian Squeeze

John A. Sullivan III jsullivan at opensourcedevel.com
Mon May 31 04:24:47 CEST 2010

Is there any special magic to running X2Go on Debian Squeeze? We
upgraded an x2goserver to Squeeze from Lenny and we can no longer
connect.  The X2Go client just says connecting.

We can see the ssh sessions are established and it looks like
x2gostartagent is running.  The database is set up and running.  The
users are members of x2gousers, fuse, various pulse groups.  We changed
the default shell from dash to bash as, if I recall correctly, there are
functions in the X2Go bash scripts that are not supported in dash.  We
reinstalled X2Go after remembering that.  We deleted all the
old .Xauthority files.  We double-checked /etc/ssh/sshd_config to ensure
we had X11 Forwarding enabled.  We can run X apps like xterm and kate
via an ssh connection.  I'm not entirely sure where to look next without
major troubleshooting.

Is anyone using X2Go on Squeeze successfully? Thanks - John