[X2go-dev] Nothing to do with X2go - Question about X11 terminal

Heinz-M. Graesing x2go-dev at x2go.org
Mon May 17 18:06:46 CEST 2010

Hello Johnson,

Am 17.05.2010 17:54, schrieb Johnson Lukose:
> Dear Sir, thanks for your reply.  I am interested in getting this setup
> working so if x2go will help me achieve a working configuration, I'll
> become a x2go convert...
>
> Anyway, I went to the website and followed this link;
> *installation manual ubuntu >= jaunty*
>
> I pretty much followed everything there;
>
> # apt-get install x2goserver-home
>

> # apt-get install sshfs
>

> # apt-get install x2gognomebindings
>

> What are the next steps?  I cannot find any more information...
>
> thanks.

The steps you've completed are required on the server side. If
everything worked fine, you should have a running and connectable
x2goserver on that machine.
You'll need further a client to connect to this server. This is normaly
another computer. On the client conputer you'll need to install
x2goclient. This is done with apt-get install x2goclient (you'll need to
setup the repository again too).
After the client installation you'll need to configure a session inside
x2goclient. For that you'll need the hostname or IP address of the
server, a username and its password (again on the server). This user
needs to be part of the group "x2gousers".
That's all you'll need to do to get x2go working.

I really hope this answered your question.

best regards,

Heinz